- Hide menu
This image ended up being a combination “print” of a dry plate negative, and a paper negative. For some reason I was having trouble getting the butterfly to show up on the dry plates I shot. I had made a test shot of just the butterfly on a paper neg, and that turned out fine. So when the dry plate negs failed to capture the butterfly image, I scanned the paper neg and glass plate together as one image.
I’m pretty happy with the way it turned out, even though it is a bit different than my original desire. I decided to leave the image a bit dirty with some of the dust & marks. I started to clean one version, but something about the marks feel right in the image, for me anyhow.